Chronoforum Forum Index Chronoforum
CHRONUS YEAH YEAH YEAH

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Restoring Truthiness

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Phoenixbow
HAZ NO LIFES

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:35 pm    Post subject: Restoring Truthiness Reply with quote

I went over this in gchat earlier, but thought I'd post here as well for anyone who might be interested.

I've been an active member of a site called reddit for a few years now and recently we've started a movement to get Stephen Colbert to host a "Restoring Truthiness" rally as a satirical jab at Glenn Beck's "Restoring Honor" rally that recently took place in Washington D.C.

Colbert is a redditor himself, has mentioned the site on his show a few times, and talked about the rally idea on the show this past week. As a display of good faith, we're holding sort of a fundraiser for a charity that he is a board member of called Donors Choose. It is a website that helps teachers in poverty stricken areas raise funds for classroom supplies that they couldn't otherwise afford and don't have funding for. You can choose how much to give and can give directly to a specific project.

Reddit has a special donation link, http://www.donorschoose.org/donors/viewChallenge.html?id=39361, setup for this event. If anyone is feeling generous, please donate a few bucks to a project. Even if this doesn't convince Colbert to actually do the rally at least some good will come from it.
Junniper
Feasts on souls of alts.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

last month the reddit corp attacked one of my stations in EVE Online

they lost 8 of their 10 ships

we lost zero

it was pretty funny. you should tell your reddit friends you heard
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chronoforum Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: